Kensium Solutions LLC
Junior Technical Writer
The Junior Technical Writer will be responsible for all technical documentation at Kensium, including but not limited to product configuration guides, release notes, and implementation checklists. Documents that are created must be updated and maintained in a central repository for documents. The Technical Writer will partner with the Training Specialist and other SMEs to ensure the information in the documents is correct for both internal and user groups. The Technical Writer will also be available during US hours to provide support to Kensium clients with any questions or issues that may arise, beginning the triage process, taking notes, troubleshooting, and escalating when necessary.
• Create and update technical documentation, including but not limited to configuration guides, release notes, and implementation checklists.
• Maintain a documentation repository for all documents relating to Kensium products (SharePoint).
• Create a product knowledge base for clients and internal teams using Confluence.
• Communicate and train with SMEs on new product functionality or processes to be documented.
• While creating content for product releases, conduct grammar checks of UI screens and messaging.
• Answer questions from internal teams regarding Kensium products and their documentation.
• Respond to documentation requests for new documents to be created.
• Provide support to Kensium clients during US hours with questions about Kensium products.
• B.A. in English, Creative Writing, Computer Science, or related field
• 2-5+ years working as a Technical Writer, preferably in the IT/Software industry
• 1-3+ years providing technical support in the IT/Software industry
• Experience with eCommerce Platforms (Magento, BigCommerce, Shopify) and/or Acumatica ERP Preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks and timelines.
• Quickly be able to grasp complex technical topics and present them in a manageable, user friendly way.
• Strong proofreading, editing, and revising skills.
• Ability to create technical and process flow diagrams.
• MS Office 365 (Sharepoint, Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel)
• Jira Confluence Experience Required
• Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus!
• Flexibility with hours
• Due to the multi-time-zoned nature of Kensium’s employees and its partners, many meetings are held outside of typical business hours, including holidays.
• This job requires the use of professional office equipment, whether in office or at a home office. The space must be adequate to promote strong focus on the job duties with little interruption.
• All communication and presentation of self must be done in a professional manner whether communicating with colleagues, vendors or clients
• Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
• Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Kensium to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Kensium will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.